If thou wilt make a man happy, add not unto his riches but take away from his desires.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- It is impossible to live a pleasant life without living wisely and well and justly. And it is impossible to live wisely and well and justly without living a pleasant life.
- Of all things which wisdom provides to make life entirely happy, much the greatest is the possession of friendship.
- I never desired to please the rabble. What pleased them, I did not learn; and what I knew was far removed from their understanding.
- Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.
- Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is to little.
- Misfortune seldom intrudes upon the wise man; his greatest and highest interests are directed by reason throughout the course of life.