One feels inclined to say that the intention that man should be happy is not included in the plan of Creation.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- It would be one of the greatest triumphs of humanity, one of the most tangible liberations from the constraints of nature to which mankind is subject, if we could succeed in raising the responsible act of procreating children to the level of a deliberate and intentional activity and in freeing it from its entanglement with the necessary satisfaction of a natural need.
- A man who has been the indisputable favorite of his mother keeps for life the feeling of a conqueror.
- If a man has been his mother’s undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it.
- Analogies, it is true, decide nothing, but they can make one feel more at home.
- Children are completely egoistic; they feel their needs intensely and strive ruthlessly to satisfy them.
- We know less about the sexual life of little girls than of boys. But we need not feel ashamed of this distinction; after all, the sexual life of adult women is a dark continent for psychology.