Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- An idea is a feat of association, and the height of it is a good metaphor.
- I never dared to be radical when young for fear it would make me conservative when old.
- The first thing I do in the morning is to make my bed and while I am making up my bed I am making up my mind as to what kind of a day I am going to have.
- Friends make pretence of following to the grave but before one is in it, their minds are turned and making the best of their way back to life and living people and things they understand.
- A mother takes twenty years to make a man of her boy, and another woman makes a fool of him in twenty minutes.
- Always fall in with what you’re asked to accept. Take what is given, and make it over your way. My aim in life has always been to hold my own with whatever’s going. Not against: with.