Happiness is not being pained in body or troubled in mind.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- A mind always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity.
- Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits.
- Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day.
- I have no ambition to govern men. It is a painful and thankless office
- I find the pain of a little censure, even when it is unfounded, is more acute than the pleasure of much praise.
- The art of life is the art of avoiding pain; and he is the best pilot, who steers clearest of the rocks and shoals with which it is beset.