A mind always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits.
- The republican is the only form of government which is not eternally at open or secret war with the rights of mankind.
- It is neither wealth nor splendor; but tranquillity and occupation which give happiness.
- Public employment contributes neither to advantage nor happiness. It is but honorable exile from one’s family and affairs.
- If there be one principle more deeply rooted than any other in the mind of every American, it is that we should have nothing to do with conquest.
- In truth, politeness is artificial good humor, it covers the natural want of it, and ends by rendering habitual a substitute nearly equivalent to the real virtue.