It is not the place, nor the condition, but the mind alone that can make anyone happy or miserable.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The devil helps his servants for a season; but when they get into a pinch; he leaves them in the lurch.
- It may serve as a comfort to us, in all our calamities and afflictions, that he that loses anything and gets wisdom by it is a gainer by the loss.
- Live and let live is the rule of common justice.
- Happiness was not made to be boasted, but enjoyed. Therefore tho others count me miserable, I will not believe them if I know and feel myself to be happy; nor fear them.
- Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits.
- It is the paradox of life that the way to miss pleasure is to seek it first. The very first condition of lasting happiness is that a life should be full of purpose, aiming at something outside self.