Happiness is a by-product. You cannot pursue it by itself.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- You can’t start at the top.
- Insanity is hereditary. You get it from your children.
- Happiness is a butterfly, which, when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.
- I can say that I never knew what joy was like until I gave up pursuing happiness, or cared to live until I chose to die. For these two discoveries I am beholden to Jesus.
- Objects we ardently pursue bring little happiness when gained; most of our pleasures come from unexpected sources.
- Happiness radiates like the fragrance from a flower, and draws all good things toward you. Allow your love to nourish yourself as well as others. Do not strain after the needs of life. It is sufficient to be quietly alert and aware of them. In this way life proceeds more naturally and effortlessly. Life is here to Enjoy!