Give a man health and a course to steer; and he’ll never stop to trouble about whether he’s happy or not.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- A lifetime of happiness? No man alive could bear it; it would be hell on earth.
- We have no more right to consume happiness without producing it than to consume wealth without producing it.
- The philosopher is Nature’s pilot. And there you have our difference: to be n hell is to drift: to be in heaven is to steer.
- But a lifetime of happiness! No man alive could bear it: it would be hell on earth.
- The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.
- Here there is no hope, and consequently no duty, no work, nothing to be gained by praying, nothing to be lost by doing what you like. Hell, in short, is a place where you have nothing to do but amuse yourself.