Give a man health and a course to steer; and he’ll never stop to trouble about whether he’s happy or not.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- A lifetime of happiness? No man alive could bear it; it would be hell on earth.
- We have no more right to consume happiness without producing it than to consume wealth without producing it.
- Here there is no hope, and consequently no duty, no work, nothing to be gained by praying, nothing to be lost by doing what you like. Hell, in short, is a place where you have nothing to do but amuse yourself.
- A perpetual holiday is a good working definition of hell.
- You are all fundamentalists with a top dressing of science. That is why you are the stupidest of conservatives and reactionists in politics and the most bigoted of obstructionists in science itself. When it comes to getting a move on you are all of the same opinion: stop it, flog it, hang it, dynamite it, stamp it out.
- The universal regard for money is the one hopeful fact in our civilization. Money is the most important thing in the world. It represents health, strength, honor, generosity and beauty. Not the least of its virtues is that it destroys base people as certainly as it fortifies and dignifies noble people.