How else but through a broken heart may Lord Christ enter in?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- A broken heart is a very pleasant complaint for a man in London if he has a comfortable income.
- It is a curious sensation: the sort of pain that goes mercifully beyond our powers of feeling. When your heart is broken, your boats are burned: nothing matters any more. It is the end of happiness and the beginning of peace.
- It isn’t enough for your heart to break because everybody’s heart is broken now.
- Youth! There is nothing like youth. The middle-aged are mortgaged to Life. The old are in Life’s lumber-room. But youth is the Lord of Life. Youth has a kingdom waiting for it. Every one is born a king, and most people die in exile.
- It is he who has broken the bond of marriage — not I. I only break its bondage.
- Lord Illingworth: All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. Mrs. Allonby: No man does. That is his.