You lived too long, we have supped full with heroes, they waste their deaths on us.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- O can’t you see, brother — Death’s a congested road for fighters now, and hero a cheap label.
- How many famous and high-spirited heroes have lived a day too long?
- All our lives we fought against exalting the individual, against the elevation of the single person, and long ago we were over and done with the business of a hero, and here it comes up again: the glorification of one personality. This is not good at all. I am just like everybody else.
- Being a hero is about the shortest lived profession on earth.
- What is our task? To make Britain a fit country for heroes to live in.
- To have no heroes is to have no aspiration, to live on the momentum of the past, to be thrown back upon routine, sensuality, and the narrow self.