It is said, that no one is a hero to their butler. The reason is, that it requires a hero to recognize a hero. The butler, however, will probably know well how to estimate his equals.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The hero draws inspiration from the virtue of his ancestors.
- Freedom consists not in refusing to recognize anything above us, but in respecting something which is above us; for by respecting it, we raise ourselves to it, and, by our very acknowledgment, prove that we bear within ourselves what is higher, and are worthy to be on a level with it
- It is only in misery that we recognize the hand of God leading good men to good.
- The first and last thing required of genius is, love of the truth.
- We can offer up much in the large, but to make sacrifices in little things is what we are seldom equal to.
- Bardot, Byron, Hitler, Hemingway, Monroe, Sade: we do not require our heroes to be subtle, just to be big. Then we can depend on someone to make them subtle.