You cannot be a hero without being a coward.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- You cannot have power for good without having power for evil too. Even mother’s milk nourishes murderers as well as heroes.
- I am convinced that a light supper, a good night’s sleep, and a fine morning, have sometimes made a hero of the same man, who, by an indigestion, a restless night, and rainy morning, would have proved a coward.
- The great destroyers of nations and men are comfort, plenty and security. A coward gets scared and quits. A hero gets scared, but still goes on.
- Heroes are not known by the loftiness of their carriage; the greatest braggarts are generally the merest cowards.
- I was a freethinker before I knew how to think.
- No king on earth is as safe in his job as a Trade Union official. There is only one thing that can get him sacked; and that is drink. Not even that, as long as he doesn’t actually fall down.