To select the wrong person for a job is a common mistake; not to remove him/her is a fatal weakness.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Cheerfulness removes the rust from the mind, lubricates our inward machinery, and enables us to do our work with fewer creaks and ;groans. If people were universally cheerful, probably there wouldn’t be half the quarreling or a tenth part of the wickedness
- If your children look up to you, you’ve made a success of life’s biggest job.
- You can judge a good listener by asking the talker at the end of the conversation what the listener’s position is on the topic. If the talker doesn’t know, then the listener has probably done a good job of listening.
- Defeat may test you; it need not stop you. If at first you don’t succeed, try another way. For every obstacle there is a solution. Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. The greatest mistake is giving up.
- It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others.
- Sometimes I think that idlers seem to be a special class for whom nothing can be planned, plead as one will with them –their only contribution to the human family is to warm a seat at the common table.