History repeats itself. Historians repeat each other.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Biography is a very definite region bounded on the north by history, on the south by fiction, on the east by obituary, and on the west by tedium.
- I had always imagined that Clich? was a suburb of Paris, until I discovered it to be a street in Oxford.
- For historians ought to be precise, truthful, and quite unprejudiced, and neither interest nor fear, hatred nor affection, should cause them to swerve from the path of truth, whose mother is history, the rival of time, the depository of great actions, the witness of what is past, the example and instruction of the present, the monitor of the future.
- Every time history repeats itself the price goes up.
- History repeats itself. That’s one of the things wrong with history.
- To give an accurate description of what has never occurred is not merely the proper occupation of the historian, but the inalienable privilege of any man of parts and culture.