Man is made for something better than disturbing dirt.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Disobedience, in the eyes of any one who has read history, is man’s original virtue. It is through disobedience that progress has been made, through disobedience and through rebellion.
- Gossip is charming! History is merely gossip. But scandal is gossip made tedious by morality.
- Like two doomed ships that pass in storm we had crossed each other’s way: but we made no sign, we said no word, we had no word to say.
- Despotism is unjust to everybody, including the despot, who was probably made for better things.
- It was a fatal day when the public discovered that the pen is mightier than the paving-stone, and can be made as offensive as the brickbat. They at once sought for the journalist, found him, developed him, and made him their industrious and well-paid servant. It is greatly to be regretted, for both their sakes.
- I have found that all ugly things are made by those who strive to make something beautiful, and that all beautiful things are made by those who strive to make something useful.