Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. [Philippians 2:3]
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Before honor is humility.
- I confess that altruistic and cynically selfish talk seem to me about equally unreal. With all humility, I think whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might, infinitely more important than the vain attempt to love one’s neighbor as one’s self. If you want to hit a bird on the wing you must have all your will in focus, you must not be thinking about yourself, and equally, you must not be thinking about your neighbor; you must be living with your eye on that bird. Every achievement is a bird on the wing.
- Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave whither thou goest. [Ecclesiastes 9:10]
- I must work the work of him that sent me while it is day; for the night comet when no man can work.
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. [Philippians 4:6, 7]
- Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom; and with all your getting get understanding.