I am a great friend to public amusements, for they keep the people from vice.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- A am a great friend of public amusements, they keep people from vice.
- A Judge may be a farmer; but he is not to geld his own pigs. A Judge may play a little at cards for his own amusement; but he is not to play at marbles, or chuck farthing in the Piazza.
- Fly fishing may be a very pleasant amusement; but angling or float fishing I can only compare to a stick and a string, with a worm at one end and a fool at the other.
- Sir, he was dull in company, dull in his closet, dull everywhere. He was dull in a new way, and that made many people think him great.
- Courage is a quality so necessary for maintaining virtue, that it is always respected, even when it is associated with vice.
- Composition is, for the most part, an effort of slow diligence and steady perseverance, to which the mind is dragged by necessity or resolution, and from which the attention is every moment starting to more delightful amusements.