I am a great friend to public amusements, for they keep the people from vice.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- A am a great friend of public amusements, they keep people from vice.
- Fly fishing may be a very pleasant amusement; but angling or float fishing I can only compare to a stick and a string, with a worm at one end and a fool at the other.
- A Judge may be a farmer; but he is not to geld his own pigs. A Judge may play a little at cards for his own amusement; but he is not to play at marbles, or chuck farthing in the Piazza.
- Sir, he was dull in company, dull in his closet, dull everywhere. He was dull in a new way, and that made many people think him great.
- Courage is a quality so necessary for maintaining virtue, that it is always respected, even when it is associated with vice.
- While grief is fresh, every attempt to divert only irritates. You must wait till grief be digested, and then amusement will dissipate the remains of it.