They are horribly tedious when they are good husbands, and abominably conceited when they are not.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The husbands of very beautiful women belong to the criminal classes.
- There is only one real tragedy in a woman’s life. The fact that her past is always her lover, and her future invariably her husband.
- London is full of women who trust their husbands. One can always recognize them. They look so thoroughly unhappy.
- On the whole, the great success of marriage in the States is due partly to the fact that no American man is ever idle, and partly to the fact that no American wife is considered responsible for the quality of her husband’s dinners.
- When a woman marries again it is because she detested her first husband. When a man marries again it is because he adored his first wife. Women try their luck; men risk theirs.
- Plain women are always jealous of their husbands. Beautiful women never are. They are always so occupied with being jealous of other women’s husbands.