Sloth, like rust, consumes faster than labor wears, while the used key is always bright.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Sloth makes all things difficult, but industry, all things easy. He that rises late must trot all day, and shall scarce overtake his business at night, while laziness travels so slowly that poverty soon overtakes him.
- Trouble springs from idleness, and grievous toil from needless ease.
- If you teach a poor young man to shave himself, and keep his razor in order, you may contribute more to the happiness of his life than in giving him a thousand guineas. This sum may be soon spent, the regret only remaining of having foolishly consumed it; but in the other case, he escapes the frequent vexation of waiting for barbers, and of their sometimes dirty fingers, offensive breaths, and dull razors.
- You will find the key to success under the alarm clock.
- Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.
- It is the working man who is the happy man. It is the idle man who is the miserable man.