To have done anything just for money is to have been truly idle.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Money is not required to buy one necessity of the soul.
- Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth.
- Almost any man knows how to earn money, but not one in a million knows how to spend it.
- It requires nothing less than a chivalric feeling to sustain a conversation with a lady.
- Most men would feel insulted if it were proposed to employ them in throwing stones over a wall, and then in throwing them back, merely that they might earn their wages. But many are no more worthily employed now.
- The really efficient laborer will be found not to crowd his day with work, but will saunter to his task surrounded by a wide halo of ease and leisure.