Nothing is more sad than the death of an illusion.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The most persistent sound which reverberates through man’s history is the beating of war drums.
- Prometheus is reaching out for the stars with an empty grin on his face.
- Space-ships and time machines are no escape from the human condition. Let Othello subject Desdemona to a lie-detector test; his jealousy will still blind him to the evidence. Let Oedipus triumph over gravity; he won’t triumph over his fate.
- If the creator had a purpose in equipping us with a neck, he surely meant us to stick it out.
- Scientists are peeping toms at the keyhole of eternity.
- The more original a discovery, the more obvious it seems afterwards.