Better a dish of illusion and a hearty appetite for life, than a feast of reality and indigestion therewith.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- One of the most important phases of maturing is that of growth from self-centering to an understanding relationship to others. A person is not mature until he has both an ability and a willingness to see himself as one among others and to do unto those others as he would have them do to him.
- The immature mind hops from one thing to another; the mature mind seeks to follow through.
- To hate and to fear is the be psychologically ill… it is, in fact, the consuming illness of our time.
- For what we call illusions are often, in truth, a wider vision of past and present realities –a willing movement of a man’s soul with the larger sweep of the world’s forces –a movement towards a more assured end than the chances of a single life.
- A pleasant illusion is better than a harsh reality.
- People who have realized that this is a dream imagine that it is easy to wake up, and are angry with those who continue sleeping, not considering that the whole world that environs them does not permit them to wake. Life proceeds as a series of optical illusions, artificial needs and imaginary sensations.