What is the imagination? Only an arm or weapon of the interior energy; only the precursor of the reason.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Imagination is not a talent of some people but is the health of everyone.
- Science does not know its debt to imagination.
- We live by our imagination, our admiration s, and our sentiments.
- The mark of the man of the world is absence of pretension. He does not make a speech; he takes a low business-tone, avoids all brag, is nobody, dresses plainly, promises not at all, performs much, speaks in monosyllables, hugs his fact. He calls his employment by its lowest name, and so takes from evil tongues their sharpest weapon. His conversation clings to the weather and the news, yet he allows himself to be surprised into thought, and the unlocking of his learning and philosophy.
- Ideas must work through the brains and the arms of good and brave men, or they are no better than dreams.
- Raphael paints wisdom; Handel sings it, Phidias carves it, Shakespeare writes it, Wren builds it, Columbus sails it, Luther preaches it, Washington arms it, Watt mechanizes it.