There is nothing more frightful than imagination without taste.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Taste is only to be educated by contemplation, not of the tolerably good but of the truly excellent. I therefore show you only the best works; and when you are grounded in these, you will have a standard for the rest, which you will know how to value, without overrating them.
- He who does not think much of himself is much more esteemed than he imagines.
- We are never further from what we wish than when we believe that we have what we wished for.
- Those that are firm in their will mold the world to themselves.
- He who does not expect a million readers should not write a line.
- It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it.