It is usually the imagination that is wounded first, rather than the heart; it being much more sensitive.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- I do not know how to distinguish between our waking life and a dream. Are we not always living the life that we imagine we are?
- If one advances confidently in the directions of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
- Experience is in the fingers and head. The heart is inexperienced.
- The heart is forever inexperienced.
- Youth gets together with their materials to build a bridge to the moon or maybe a palace on earth; then in middle age they decide to build a woodshed with them instead.
- A perfectly healthy sentence, it is true, is extremely rare. For the most part we miss the hue and fragrance of the thought; as if we could be satisfied with the dews of the morning or evening without their colors, or the heavens without their azure.