It is usually the imagination that is wounded first, rather than the heart; it being much more sensitive.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- I do not know how to distinguish between our waking life and a dream. Are we not always living the life that we imagine we are?
- If one advances confidently in the directions of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
- Experience is in the fingers and head. The heart is inexperienced.
- The heart is forever inexperienced.
- There is no more fatal blunderer than he who consumes the greater part of his life getting his living.
- The earth is not a mere fragment of dead history, stratum upon stratum like the leaves of a book, to be studied by geologists and antiquaries chiefly, but living poetry like the leaves of a tree, which precede flowers and fruit — not a fossil earth, but a living earth; compared with whose great central life all animal and vegetable life is merely parasitic. Its throes will heave our exuviate from their graves.