It is usually the imagination that is wounded first, rather than the heart; it being much more sensitive.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- I do not know how to distinguish between our waking life and a dream. Are we not always living the life that we imagine we are?
- However intense my experience, I am conscious of the presence and criticism of a part of me, which, as it were, is not a part of me, but a spectator, sharing no experience, but taking note of it, and that is no more I than it is you. When the play, it may be the tragedy, of life is over, the spectator goes his way. It was a kind of fiction, a work of the imagination only, so far as he was concerned.
- If one advances confidently in the directions of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
- Experience is in the fingers and head. The heart is inexperienced.
- The heart is forever inexperienced.
- Youth gets together with their materials to build a bridge to the moon or maybe a palace on earth; then in middle age they decide to build a woodshed with them instead.