Almost all absurdity of conduct arises from the imitation of those who we cannot resemble.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- No one ever became great by imitation.
- To be as good as our fathers we must be better, imitation is not discipleship
- Man is an idiot. He doesn’t know how to do anything without copying, without imitating, without plagiarizing, without aping. It might even have been that man invented generation by coitus after seeing the grasshopper copulate.
- One who imitates what is bad always goes beyond his model; while one who imitates what is good always comes up short of it.
- Man’s natural character is to imitate; that of the sensitive man is to resemble as closely as possible the person whom he loves. It is only by imitating the vices of others that I have earned my misfortunes.
- Imitation belittles.