What people call impartiality may simply mean indifference, and what people call partiality may simply mean mental activity.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- True contentment is a thing as active as agriculture. It is the power of getting out of any situation all that there is in it. It is arduous and it is rare.
- A teacher who is not dogmatic is simply a teacher who is not teaching.
- If the barricades went up in our streets and the poor became masters, I think the priests would escape, I fear the gentlemen would; but I believe the gutters would simply be running with the blood of philanthropists.
- We call a man a bigot or a slave of dogma because he is a thinker who has thought thoroughly and to a definite end.
- The artistic temperament is a disease that affects amateurs. Artists of a large and wholesome vitality get rid of their art easily, as they breathe easily or perspire easily. But in artists of less force, the thing becomes a pressure, and produces a definite pain, which is called the artistic temperament.
- There are many definite methods, honest and dishonest, which make people rich; the only instinct I know of which does it is that instinct which theological Christianity crudely describes as the sin of avarice.