Man is always partial and is quite right to be. Even impartiality is partial.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The most perfect ape cannot draw an ape; only man can do that; but, likewise, only man regards the ability to do this as a sign of superiority.
- With prophecies the commentator is often a more important man than the prophet.
- Here take back the stuff that I am, nature, knead it back into the dough of being, make of me a bush, a cloud, whatever you will, even a man, only no longer make me.
- Man is to be found in reason, God in the passions.
- A man is never more serious than when he praise himself.
- Every man has his moral backside which he refrains from showing unless he has to and keeps covered as long as possible with the trousers of decorum.