Man can believe the impossible, but man can never believe the improbable.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Modern pictures are, no doubt, delightful to look at. At least, some of them are. But they are quite impossible to live with; they are too clever, too assertive, too intellectual. Their meaning is too obvious, and their method too clearly defined. One
- As a wicked man I am a complete failure. Why, there are lots of people who say I have never really done anything wrong in the whole course of my life. Of course they only say it behind my back.
- Every man of ambition has to fight his century with its own weapons. What this century worships is wealth. The God of this century is wealth. To succeed one must have wealth. At all costs one must have wealth.
- A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it.
- Man is a rational animal who always loses his temper when called upon to act according with the dictates of reason.
- To have the reputation of possessing the most perfect social tact, talk to every woman as if you loved her, and to every man as if he bored you.