Hamming’s Motto: The purpose of computing is insight, not numbers.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- A moment’s insight is sometimes worth a life’s experience.
- Nothing is more terrible than activity without insight.
- Since we are assured that the all-wise Creator has observed the most exact proportions of number, weight and measure in the make of all things, the most likely way therefore to get any insight into the nature of those parts of the Creation which come within our observation must in all reason be to number, weigh and measure.
- The purpose of education is to keep a culture from being drowned in senseless repetitions, each of which claims to offer a new insight.
- As the unity of the modern world becomes increasingly a technological rather than a social affair, the techniques of the arts provide the most valuable means of insight into the real direction of our own collective purposes.
- I am not the only person who uses his computer mainly for the purpose of diddling with his computer.