In great matters men show themselves as they wish to be seen; in small matters, as they are.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Integrity is the first step to true greatness. Men love to praise, but are slow to practice it. To maintain it in high places costs self-denial; in all places it is liable to opposition, but its end is glorious, and the universe will yet do it homage.
- It is part of a good man to do great and noble deeds, though he risk everything.
- He that doth not as other men do, but endeavoureth that which ought to be done, shall thereby rather incur peril than preservation; for who so laboreth to be sincerely perfect and good shall necessarily perish, living among men that are generally evil.
- Can one preach at home inequality of races and nations and advocate abroad good-will towards all men?
- The integrity of men is to be measured by their conduct, not by their professions.
- Losers make promises they often break. Winners make commitments they always keep.