Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- In failing circumstances no one can be relied on to keep their integrity.
- No facts are to me sacred; none are profane; I simply experiment, an endless seeker, with no past at my back.
- A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
- The true poem is the poet’s mind.
- Shall we then judge a country by the majority, or by the minority? By the minority, surely. ‘Tis pedantry to estimate nations by the census, or by square miles of land, or other than by their importance to the mind of the time.
- Every mind has a choice between truth and repose. Take which you please you can never have both.