Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- In failing circumstances no one can be relied on to keep their integrity.
- No facts are to me sacred; none are profane; I simply experiment, an endless seeker, with no past at my back.
- Shall we then judge a country by the majority, or by the minority? By the minority, surely. ‘Tis pedantry to estimate nations by the census, or by square miles of land, or other than by their importance to the mind of the time.
- A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
- Courage charms us, because it indicates that a man loves an idea better than all things in the world, that he is thinking neither of his bed, nor his dinner, nor his money, but will venture all to put in act the invisible thought of his mind.
- Stay at home in your mind. Don’t recite other people’s opinions. I hate quotations. Tell me what you know.