The integrity of men is to be measured by their conduct, not by their professions.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- It is the eternal truth in the political as well as the mystical body, that, where one members suffers, all the members suffer with it.
- When a person is determined to believe something, the very absurdity of the doctrine confirms them in their faith.
- Notable talents are not necessarily connected with discretion.
- The liberty of the Press is the Palladium of all the civil, political and religious rights of an Englishman.
- One precedent creates another and they soon accumulate and constitute law. What yesterday was a fact, today is doctrine.
- It is the coward who fawns upon those above him. It is the coward who is insolent whenever he dares be so.