Clever people are always the best conversations lexicon.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything.
- A clever man commits no minor blunders.
- Anecdotes and maxims are rich treasures to the man of the world, for he knows how to introduce the former at fit place in conversation.
- A collections of anecdotes and maxims is the greatest of treasures for the man of the world, for he knows how to intersperse conversation with the former in fit places, and to recollect the latter on proper occasions.
- People may live as much retired from the world as they like, but sooner or later they find themselves debtor or creditor to some one.
- People have a peculiar pleasure in making converts, that is, in causing others to enjoy what they enjoy, thus finding their own likeness represented and reflected back to them.