We need only travel enough to give our intellects an airing.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
- Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each. Let them be your only diet drink and botanical medicines.
- Whether the flower looks better in the nosegay than in the meadow where it grew and we had to wet our feet to get it! Is the scholastic air any advantage?
- The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready, and it may be a long time before they get off.
- Only the traveling is good which reveals to me the value of home and enables me to enjoy it better.
- We worship not the Graces, nor the Parcae, but Fashion. She spins and weaves and cuts with full authority. The head monkey at Paris puts on a traveler’s cap, and all the monkeys in America do the same.