Questions are never indiscreet. Answers sometimes are.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- People sometimes inquire what form of government is most suitable for an artist to live under. To this question there is only one answer. The form of government that is most suitable to the artist is no government at all.
- It is not every question that deserves an answer.
- When the gods wish to punish us they answer our prayers.
- What a fuss people make about fidelity! Why, even in love it is purely a question for physiology. It has nothing to do with our own will. Young men want to be faithful, and are not; old men want to be faithless, and cannot: that is all one can say.
- One can only give an unbiased opinion about things that do not interest one, which is no doubt the reason an unbiased opinion is always valueless. The man who sees both sides of a question is a man who sees absolutely nothing.
- The English public, as a mass, takes no interest in a work of art until it is told that the work in question is immoral.