Accident is the name of the greatest of all inventors.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Laughter is the greatest weapon we have and we, as humans, use it the least.
- The right of an inventor to his invention is no monopoly; in any other sense than a man’s house is a monopoly.
- Fear is a great inventor.
- An inventor is simply a person who doesn’t take his education too seriously. You see, from the time a person is six years old until he graduates form college he has to take three or four examinations a year. If he flunks once, he is out. But an inventor is almost always failing. He tries and fails maybe a thousand times. It he succeeds once then he’s in. These two things are diametrically opposite. We often say that the biggest job we have is to teach a newly hired employee how to fail intelligently. We have to train him to experiment over and over and to keep on trying and failing until he learns what will work.
- Man is a shrewd inventor, and is ever taking the hint of a new machine from his own structure, adapting some secret of his own anatomy in iron, wood, and leather, to some required function in the work of the world.
- It is better to be a young June-bug than an old bird of paradise.