Never waste jealousy on a real man: it is the imaginary man that supplants us all in the long run.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- To me the sole hope of human salvation lies in teaching Man to regard himself as an experiment in the realization of God, to regard his hands as God’s hand, his brain as God’s brain, his purpose as God’s purpose. He must regard God as a helpless Longing, which longed him into existence by its desperate need for an executive organ.
- It is a woman’s business to get married as soon as possible, and a man’s to keep unmarried as long as he can.
- Youth is such a wonderful thing. What a crime to waste it on children.
- Man can climb to the highest summits, but he cannot dwell there long.
- No king on earth is as safe in his job as a Trade Union official. There is only one thing that can get him sacked; and that is drink. Not even that, as long as he doesn’t actually fall down.
- As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death.