Never waste jealousy on a real man: it is the imaginary man that supplants us all in the long run.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- It is a woman’s business to get married as soon as possible, and a man’s to keep unmarried as long as he can.
- No king on earth is as safe in his job as a Trade Union official. There is only one thing that can get him sacked; and that is drink. Not even that, as long as he doesn’t actually fall down.
- As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death.
- Go anywhere in England where there are natural, wholesome, contented, and really nice English people; and what do you always find? That the stables are the real center of the household.
- We live in an atmosphere of shame. We are ashamed of everything that is real about us; ashamed of ourselves, of our relatives, of our incomes, of our accents, of our opinions, of our experience, just as we are ashamed of our naked skins.
- Clever and attractive women do not want to vote; they are willing to let men govern as long as they govern men.