A judge who cannot punish, in the end associates themselves with the criminal.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Every offense is avenged on earth.
- No two men see the world exactly alike, and different temperaments will apply in different ways a principle that they both acknowledge. The same man will, indeed, often see and judge the same things differently on different occasions: early convictions must give way to more mature ones. Nevertheless, may not the opinions that a man holds and expresses withstand all trials, if he only remains true to himself and others?
- The Christian religion, though scattered and abroad will in the end gather itself together at the foot of the cross.
- Deny yourself! You must deny yourself! That is the song that never ends.
- The most happy man is he who knows how to bring into relation the end and beginning of his life.
- I’ve studied now Philosophy and Jurisprudence, Medicine — and even, alas! Theology — from end to end with labor keen; and here, poor fool with all my lore I stand, no wiser than before.