A judge who cannot punish, in the end associates themselves with the criminal.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Every offense is avenged on earth.
- No two men see the world exactly alike, and different temperaments will apply in different ways a principle that they both acknowledge. The same man will, indeed, often see and judge the same things differently on different occasions: early convictions must give way to more mature ones. Nevertheless, may not the opinions that a man holds and expresses withstand all trials, if he only remains true to himself and others?
- In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.
- Deny yourself! You must deny yourself! That is the song that never ends.
- The phrases that men hear or repeat continually, end by becoming convictions and ossify the organs of intelligence.
- The Christian religion, though scattered and abroad will in the end gather itself together at the foot of the cross.