He that has done you a kindness will be more ready to do you another, than he whom you yourself have obliged.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- There are three faithful friends, an old wife, an old dog, and ready money.
- Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship.
- He that waits upon fortune, is never sure of a dinner.
- Learn of the skillful; he that teaches himself, has a fool for his master.
- There never was a good war or a bad peace.
- So much for industry, my friends, and attention to one’s own business; but to these we must add frugality if we would make our industry more certainly successful. A man may, if he knows not how to save as he gets, keep his nose all his life to the grindstone, and die not worth a grout at last.