A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- There is in every woman’s heart a spark of heavenly fire which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity, but which kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.
- A woman’s whole life is a history of the affections. The heart is her world: it is there her ambition strives for empire; it is there her avarice seeks for hidden treasures. She sends forth her sympathies on adventure; she embarks her whole soul on the traffic of affection; and if shipwrecked, her case is hopeless — for it is a bankruptcy of the heart.
- Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart.
- I am always at a loss at how much to believe of my own stories.
- A tart temper never mellows with age, and a sharp tongue is the only edged tool that grows keener with constant use.
- There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love.