Knowledge is the only elegance.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Knowledge comes by eyes always open and working hands; and there is no knowledge that is not power.
- Knowledge is knowing that we cannot know.
- I would have the studies elective. Scholarship is to be created not by compulsion, but by awakening a pure interest in knowledge. The wise instructor accomplishes this by opening to his pupils precisely the attractions the study has for himself. The marking is a system for schools, not for the college; for boys, not for men; and it is an ungracious work to put on a professor.
- Can anything be so elegant as to have few wants, and to serve them one’s self?
- Knowledge exists to be imparted.
- All our progress is an unfolding, like a vegetable bud. You have first an instinct, then an opinion, then a knowledge as the plant has root, bud, and fruit. Trust the instinct to the end, though you can render no reason.