I am always sorry when any language is lost, because languages are the pedigrees of nations.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Language is only the instrument of science, and words are but the signs of ideas.
- Language is the dress of thought.
- I look upon every day to be lost, in which I do not make a new acquaintance.
- No man is much regarded by the rest of the world. He that considers how little he dwells upon the condition of others, will learn how little the attention of others is attracted by himself. While we see multitudes passing before us, of whom perhaps not one appears to deserve our notice or excites our sympathy, we should remember, that we likewise are lost in the same throng, that the eye which happens to glance upon us is turned in a moment on him that follows us, and that the utmost which we can reasonably hope or fear is to fill a vacant hour with prattle, and be forgotten.
- Poverty is often concealed in splendor, and often in extravagance. It is the task of many people to conceal their neediness from others. Consequently they support themselves by temporary means, and everyday is lost in contriving for tomorrow.
- Every quotation contributes something to the stability or enlargement of the language.