Laughter is the cipher key wherewith we decipher the whole man
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- No man who has once heartily and wholly laughed can be altogether irreclaimably bad.
- The person who cannot laugh is not only ready for treason, and deceptions, their whole life is already a treason and deception.
- True humor springs not more from the head than from the heart. It is not contempt; its essence is love. It issues not in laughter, but in still smiles, which lie far deeper.
- Thought once awakened does not again slumber; unfolds itself into a System of Thought; grows, in man after man, generation after generation, –till its full stature is reached, and such System of Thought can grow no farther, but must give place to another.
- It is the first of all problems for a man to find out what kind of work he is to do in this universe.
- A man willing to work, and unable to find work, is perhaps the saddest sight that fortune’s inequality exhibits under this sun.