Laughter is the cipher key wherewith we decipher the whole man
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- No man who has once heartily and wholly laughed can be altogether irreclaimably bad.
- The person who cannot laugh is not only ready for treason, and deceptions, their whole life is already a treason and deception.
- True humor springs not more from the head than from the heart. It is not contempt; its essence is love. It issues not in laughter, but in still smiles, which lie far deeper.
- A man perfects himself by working. Foul jungles are cleared away, fair seed-fields rise instead, and stately cities; and with the man himself first ceases to be a jungle, and foul unwholesome desert thereby. The man is now a man.
- It is the first of all problems for a man to find out what kind of work he is to do in this universe.
- No man sees far, most see no farther than their noses.