You are not angry with people when you laugh at them. Humor teaches tolerance.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The common idea that success spoils people by making them vain, egotistic, and self-complacent is erroneous, on the contrary, it makes them for the most part, humble, tolerant, and kind. Failure makes people bitter and cruel.
- It is dangerous to let the public behind the scenes. They are easily disillusioned and then they are angry with you, for it was the illusion they loved.
- Tolerance is only another name for indifference.
- I can imagine no more comfortable frame of mind for the conduct of life than a humorous resignation.
- It is well known that Beauty does not look with a good grace on the timid advances of Humor.
- No one can write a best seller by trying to. He must write with complete sincerity; the clichés that make you laugh, the hackneyed characters, the well-worn situations, the commonplace story that excites your derision, seem neither hackneyed, well worn nor commonplace to him. The conclusion is obvious: you cannot write anything that will convince unless you are yourself convinced. The best seller sells because he writes with his heart’s blood.