Whenever you wish to do anything against the law, Cicely, always consult a good solicitor first.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Men are not governed by justice, but by law or persuasion. When they refuse to be governed by law or persuasion, they have to be governed by force or fraud, or both.
- Forgive him, for he believes that the customs of his tribe are the laws of nature!
- The only way for a woman to provide for herself decently is for her to be good to some man that can afford to be good to her.
- A man of great common sense and good taste — meaning thereby a man without originality or moral courage.
- A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time. When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment and replied, The one I feed the most. On Other Peoples Expectations: The only man who behaved sensibly was my tailor; he took my measurement anew every time he saw me, while all the rest went on with their old measurements and expected them to fit me.
- Suppose the world were only one of God’s jokes, would you work any the less to make it a good joke instead of a bad one?