Fish die when they are out of water, and people die without law and order.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Loving kindness is greater than laws; and the charities of life are more than all ceremonies.
- Everyone whose deeds are more than his wisdom, his wisdom endures; and everyone whose wisdom is more than his deeds, his wisdom does not endure.
- Sin is sweet in the beginning, but bitter in the end.
- The sun will set without thy assistance.
- This is the punishment of a liar: he is not believed, even when he speaks the truth.
- The law is only one of several imperfect and more or less external ways of defending what is better in life against what is worse. By itself, the law can never create anything better. Establishing respect for the law does not automatically ensure a better life for that, after all, is a job for people and not for laws and institutions.