The lawyer’s truth is not Truth, but consistency or a consistent expediency.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Whatever the human law may be, neither an individual nor a nation can commit the least act of injustice against the obscurest individual without having to pay the penalty for it.
- It is not desirable to cultivate a respect for law, so much as a respect for right.
- I say, break the law.
- What is peculiar in the life of a man consists not in his obedience, but his opposition, to his instincts. In one direction or another he strives to live a supernatural life.
- I only desire sincere relations with the worthiest of my acquaintance, that they may give me an opportunity once in a year to speak the truth.
- I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not; and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.