I say, break the law.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- It is not desirable to cultivate a respect for law, so much as a respect for right.
- The lawyer’s truth is not Truth, but consistency or a consistent expediency.
- The law will never make men free, it is men that have to make the law free.
- The highest law gives a thing to him who can use it.
- The Artist is he who detects and applies the law from observation of the works of Genius, whether of man or Nature. The Artisan is he who merely applies the rules which others have detected.
- The earth is not a mere fragment of dead history, stratum upon stratum like the leaves of a book, to be studied by geologists and antiquaries chiefly, but living poetry like the leaves of a tree, which precede flowers and fruit — not a fossil earth, but a living earth; compared with whose great central life all animal and vegetable life is merely parasitic. Its throes will heave our exuviate from their graves.