Only those who have learned a lot are in a position to admit how little they know.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- A little learning is a dangerous thing, but a lot of ignorance is just as bad.
- Learning to dislike children at an early age saves a lot of expense and aggravation later in life.
- Learn to follow counsel, serve faithfully, and magnify your calling, for God’s kingdom is a kingdom of order.
- I would by no means wish a daughter of mine to be a progeny of learning; I don’t think so much learning becomes a young woman: for instance, I would never let her meddle with Greek, or Hebrew, or algebra, or simony, or fluxions, or paradoxes, or such inflammatory branches of learning; nor will it be necessary for her to handle any of your mathematical, astronomical, diabolical instruments; but… I would send her, at nine years old, to a boarding-school, in order to learn a little ingenuity and artifice: then, sir, she would have a supercilious knowledge in accounts, and, as she grew up, I would have her instructed in geometry, that she might know something of the contagious countries: this is what I would have a woman know; and I don’t think there is a superstitious article in it.
- Never become so much of an expert that you stop gaining expertise. View life as a continuous learning experience.
- Learning makes a man fit company for himself as well as for others.